Thanksgiving is a little over a week away and Christmas is right on it’s heels. 2019 has almost come to an end. I’m always amazed by how quickly time flies. As each day passes this month, I feel a little more pressure to get my Christmas knitting done. On the other hand, as Thanksgiving draws near, I realize how blessed I am to have so many wonderful people in my life to knit for. I am definitely an introvert and a homebody, yet I am surrounded by a large close-knit family and many loving, faithful friends. I certainly don’t deserve any of them. My heart breaks for anyone who doesn’t have any loved ones to share the holidays and or even life with. Perhaps now is the time to lay aside grudges and bitterness and learn to love one another.
In addition to the special people in my life, I’d like to list some other things I am thankful for this year.
- God’s never ceasing love and grace. Even when I am unfaithful to Him, He is never and will never be unfaithful to me.
- My husband has a good, steady job which makes it possible for me to be a stay at home wife and, someday Lord willing, a mother.
- A good first year of marriage. Lars and I are both imperfect. We both say the wrong things at times. We can both be selfish and hurtful. BUT we make each other laugh. We let each other cry on one another’s shoulders. We forgive. We love. We look forward to the rest of our lives together. ❤
- My passion for knitting. Knitting is much more than a hobby for me. It brings me joy. It is a way to exercise my mind and hands. A way to bless others. And it even has the potential to be a small business someday.
- The freedoms we enjoy in America, especially religious freedom. My heart goes out to all who are violently persecuted for their faith in many countries.
Though there is so much more I could say, I will stop there. I hope this post has been encouraging to you all. I especially hope it has made you stop and think about all the blessings in your own life. It does a heart good to take time to think about such things every now and then. Thanks for reading! Please follow/subscribe if you enjoyed this post. ❤