NothingButKnit shared this quiz. I know I’ve done a lot of these lately, but I liked how this one focuses on my craft rather than just random facts about me. 😀 Enjoy!
1. Share an image of a knitting pattern you love but would probably never knit. The Aidez Fitted Cardigan by Cirilia Rose. Never say never… But yeah, this looks like it would take FOREVER! It’s gorgeous though. ❤ https://www.allfreeknitting.com/Knit-Cardigans/aidez-fitted-cardigan
2. What is your favorite knitting technique? Hmm.. Probably entrelac. I love that it’s much easier than it looks. I love the look of cables, but they are a bit more annoying to work.
3. Yarn: wool, alpaca, cotton, linen, hemp, silk, or acrylic? I love how easy it is to care for acrylic. It’s my go to especially for baby gifts. I only just started working with luxury natural fibers. My favorite so far is a merino, silk, and alpaca blend.
4. Needles: wood, bamboo, metal, plastic, or casein? Metal.
5. Would you go on a knitting vacation? If yes, which country’s yarn shops would you like to visit? Sounds like fun! I haven’t given it much thought, I have worked with some Peruvian yarns though. So maybe Peru?
6. Lace, fingering, sport, DK, worsted, or bulky? (If you had to choose just one) Worsted. It’s pretty versatile and works up fairly quickly.
7. Do you eat while knitting? If so, what? Sometimes. Nothing too messy!
8. Speckled yarn: yes or no? Eh.. Not my favorite, but maybe with just the right pattern.
9. Favorite knitting slang word? Hmm… don’t have one.
10. Can you do anything else while knitting? Watching or listening to something doesn’t count. Does having a conversation count?
11. Favorite knitting pattern designer? I need to pay more attention to designers…..
12. Favorite yarn brand? Yarn Bee from Hobby Lobby is a nice affordable option. Lion brand has some good stuff. I’ve loved everything I’ve gotten from knitcrate. 😀 (Check out my recent blog post about knitcrate https://briasknits.home.blog/2019/11/15/good-things-come-in-small-packages-nov-2019-knitcrate/ ) 🙂
13. Intentional felting: yes or no? I’ve never done it. It works for some things, but it’s not my favorite look.
14. Who taught you to knit? My cousin-in-law/my older sister’s bestfriend. You can read more about that here: https://briasknits.home.blog/2019/11/09/introductions-knitting-story/
15. What’s your next knit? Either a hat for my youngest niece or a scarf for one of my sisters in law.
As always, thanks for reading! Please subscribe if you want to join me in my knitting adventure. 🙂